I need a idea for a temporary coop

Sublight

Songster
5 Years
Jun 2, 2016
Pensacola, FL
When I move, I need a idea for a temporary coop.
I have to disassemble my 8x8 coop, put the walls on a trailer, and transport it to the new site.
Then I have to pour a concrete floor, let it cure, then put the coop back together again.

I would assume this whole process will take 2-3 days.

I don't have the new home bought, but it isn't that far away.
Any suggestions for 12 Australorp chickens in a temp coop?
It will be in the country so im nervous of critters getting to them. I don't want to spend a fortune on something that will be used for a week.
Im looking for cheap ideas.

Concrete takes more than 2-3 days to cure.
28 days to full strength.......for a coop I'd wait at least a week, two would be better.

Is there an outbuilding or garage you could use?

I built a hoop tractor for about $300.
Hardware Cloth was the biggest expense.

@Sublight Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1590353523722.png

Concrete takes more than 2-3 days to cure.
28 days to full strength.......for a coop I'd wait at least a week, two would be better.

Is there an outbuilding or garage you could use?

I built a hoop tractor for about $300.
Hardware Cloth was the biggest expense.

@Sublight Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2157800
Im in Pensacola, FL. I updated my profile.
I dont have time of year, and stuff yet. I tend to contemplate my actions, and make plans well in advance.

I am not moving anytime soon, probably around 1.5 years. But its never too early to have a firm plan of action. (The ex-military in me does not allow me to leave things to chance)

What about chain link panels like What they use at construction sites? I bet you could even rent them like the construction companies do. At night you could use 2-3 dog crates or build a basic closable box out of pallet wood. There’s no need to be fancy for 4 weeks of cure time,assuming you could load/corral them in every night into a hand made crate or some dog boxes.

If you have a old playhouse or know were to get one you can do that. We have one, we put locks on the windows and door, and put plexiglass on the door window.

Back
Top Bottom