I need advice on a sick chook

Vasicos1

Chirping
Jan 23, 2022
Hi,
My chicken chooklyn has started to show some symptoms of being very unwell. She is very lethargic and has been puffing up and sleeping a lot, her comb is losing colour and She has also become unsteady on her feet and I’m not sure what caused it. She still walks around a bit and eats well but when I fed her this morning She fell over on the grass. I’ve had her for a couple years and she’s a great chook. She very rarely lays eggs if at all but I love her all the same and would like to know what could be causing her to be so unwell anyone know what it might be?
Thanks in advance
69F69880-25EB-47A1-9678-B6BC63363466.jpeg

I'd work on hydration, electrolytes or poultry vitamins would be good. Check to see if her crop is emptying overnight. Look her over for lice/mites. If possible, get a fecal float to see if worms are part of the problem.

If she's not been laying eggs very well, then she may be having some reproductive issues. Cancer, eyp, Salpingitis and other issues can be common in laying hens. Feel her abdomen below the vent between her legs for bloat or fluid.

I'd work on hydration, electrolytes or poultry vitamins would be good. Check to see if her crop is emptying overnight. Look her over for lice/mites. If possible, get a fecal float to see if worms are part of the problem.

If she's not been laying eggs very well, then she may be having some reproductive issues. Cancer, eyp, Salpingitis and other issues can be common in laying hens. Feel her abdomen below the vent between her legs for bloat or fluid.
Thanks so much. I have separated her and added a vitamin supplement to her water already but will definitely look her over thoroughly to see if I can see anything. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom