I think we have internal pipping!

Shugercube

Songster
Apr 17, 2022
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
I just candled for the last time before lockdown, and I think I have 2 already internally pipped! One in particular I feel HAS to be, it’s WAY into the air cell. The other I just see a small shadow that seems to move in and out. Thoughts??? I went ahead and moved everyone to the hatching tray and am upping the humidity, starting lockdown! I’m super excited, this will be my first hatch and I can’t wait to see how it all turns out. So far, out of 18 there was 1 quitter, and now going into lockdown there are a handful that are still clearly moving but seem much smaller than the others (compared to their eggs), and one BCM that it’s just too hard to tell if there’s movement or not but the egg is definitely full of chick! I have about a dozen that seem to be in really good shape going in. So we’ll see!! I’ve got a few different breeds so it will be so fun to see what all I end up with. 🤩

Attachments

• C72E7F3F-CB1B-47E3-B00B-04DFBDB646E5.png
    C72E7F3F-CB1B-47E3-B00B-04DFBDB646E5.png
    906.3 KB · Views: 14
  • C7EC7BC7-D703-4DF2-A2CD-0DC59874E26F.png
    C7EC7BC7-D703-4DF2-A2CD-0DC59874E26F.png
    916.8 KB · Views: 6
How exciting! U have had a great run so far, with only one quitter, my last hatch yielded only one chick from 13 eggs, only two made it as far as lockdown...can't wait to live vicariously through your hatch if you will be so kind to keep updating us! Do you know what the other breeds are?

Last edited:
Do you know what the other breeds are?

Update?????
I’m sorry to not have updated!! The eggs in question hatched the next day! :) Most of the batch did, in fact. 5/16, day 19, was my daughter’s birthday. About 10 had hatched before we went to bed, and the other 4 hatched the next day. I had 2 more quitters and one that needed assistance but sadly died 2 days later. So I now have 13/18 happy healthy chicks! The breeds that made it are the Ayam Cemani, Pavlovskaya, Swedish Flower Hen, Black Copper Marans, and Barred Rocks. None of the Coronation Sussex made it :( which were the ones I was most excited about. But I love them all and they’re all doing great. I just moved them out to the big coop today! I’ll try to remember to get some pictures tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom