Ideas for transport while incubating

Plant Mom

Chirping
Mar 1, 2023
I hatch at work, but I will be going home for a few days for Christmas. Instead of going to work to check on the incubator, I'd rather take the whole thing home and finish this hatch. How should I go about it? I only live 20 mins from work, and I'm sure the eggs won't get too cold on the way but what could I put them in to keep them safe for the car ride home???

20 mins is not far to move eggs. Eggs are large enough in mass that they will lose little heat in 20 mins, in nature hens often get off the nest for up to an hour.

I would wrap the incubator in a blanket and put the machine on a very safe, low vibration seat in the car. It's the vibration that can do more harm in this case than the cooling off a bit. Drive slow and carefully and move the machine gently. When you get home plug back in. The eggs should be fine. Good luck and keep us posted on the hatch! :)

I drive an 07 nissan xterra truck. It's gonna be hard. I was thinking about taking them out all together and putting them in an egg carton stuffed with something. I realize now it would be a good idea to keep the incubator warm too.

I drive an 07 nissan xterra truck. It's gonna be hard. I was thinking about taking them out all together and putting them in an egg carton stuffed with something. I realize now it would be a good idea to keep the incubator warm too.
You can do that too, just be careful with the eggs in the carton.

Back
Top Bottom