Identifying this chick

Yes!, I believe you are right….thank you. I just looked up photos of those checks and they match up
Yeah, I mean I'm sort of using EE as a catch all because the crest is there, too. But who knows what specific mix, kwim? Somewhere along the line is some Legbar, somewhere along the line some Ameraucana... It will be fun to see what she lays! Either way should be some shade of green or olive eggs!

Right, yeah Marans could be all the black, for sure. I just saw clean slate legs with white feet, but then for sure the crest and muffs there's some color in there.

I guess I would find it a little crazy though that they are using Marans on a random school project, making OEs, but then part of the project is not someone monitoring the bird until she comes into lay? Or accidentally making OEs just with birds they have available? I guess it could be like a rainbow hatching egg mix, but you would think that would be more expensive and again, part of the fun is seeing what color eggs whichever bird lays, that came from whichever color egg. 🤔

So many questions...
So, the family has a daughter in 1st grade….the teacher got fertilized eggs and hatched in the classroom. That’s all I know.
I have brought to being with my chicks that are the same age BUT she is now getting picked on…

I’m going to say EE x Black copper marans for one side the other side something cream Legbar. If it’s from a school hatch it’s gonna be mix breed. I’m gonna say olive egger.
I have an olive Egger here of my own, same age(got from feed store) BUT I’m thinking it’s a rooster! What you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    940.6 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom