I'm going crazy! How do I get the chicks I want?

I have been looking all over for weeks now on where to get the certain breeds of chicks I want. All the online stores don't have many chicks left in stock, and when they do they have a minimum of 15 or more or they are all available on separate dates. I only want 6 chicks! I want gold and silver laced polish hens, a black star, cuckoo maran, lakenvelder, lavender orpington or barnevelder. At this point I don't even care about the age. If anyone has any of these breeds for sale or knows someone with them near Los Angeles, PLEASE let me know! Please also let me know if you have any ideas on what to do. I had the idea of pairing up with my local pet store that sells chicks. I think they hatch certain egg breeds if you pay them. I just have so many separate breeds they would have to hatch! This has been so stressfull!!! :barnie
rigginsfancychickens.com

I have been looking all over for weeks now on where to get the certain breeds of chicks I want. All the online stores don't have many chicks left in stock, and when they do they have a minimum of 15 or more or they are all available on separate dates. I only want 6 chicks! I want gold and silver laced polish hens, a black star, cuckoo maran, lakenvelder, lavender orpington or barnevelder. At this point I don't even care about the age. If anyone has any of these breeds for sale or knows someone with them near Los Angeles, PLEASE let me know! Please also let me know if you have any ideas on what to do. I had the idea of pairing up with my local pet store that sells chicks. I think they hatch certain egg breeds if you pay them. I just have so many separate breeds they would have to hatch! This has been so stressfull!!! :barnie
Have you tried Meyer Hatchery? I got all my chickens except one from them and I live in Santa Barbara California. I have pictures of them all in my album if you want to see what they look like. I really like that company, they have great customer service. I have a few of the different breeds that you mentioned.

Meyer hatchery did end up having the chicks I wanted, they just didn't work earlier because the silver laced polish chicks hatched on a later date than all the others. Once I traded those for buff laced polish chicks, it worked.
Also, keep checking their website because alot of times chicks become available sooner. That is what I did, just kept checking every day, switching or adding to my order.

Back
Top Bottom