I'm going to be hatching my first shipped eggs, and also my first time using an incubator. Advice?

Early frequent turning is critical. Use the turner.
You should always stand eggs with the large end (air pocket) up. Unless they are being stored longer than normal. That is a story for another day.
So its ok to have them on their sides, even if the air cells are a bit messed up?
Also, how many times a day should they be turned?
Thanks so much!

If you must but the best is to put them in the turner and turn it on.
I don't think I can stand them up in the turner, thus not quite sure whats the best thing to do, put them in the turner on their sides, or take out the turner and put them in an egg carton or something so that they stay small end down, and turn them by hand.
I would like to be able to use the turner...

I've got its own thermometer, the Govee and another fairly accurate one, all in it.
There's a slight problem, that both its own one, and the other one, are reading about the same, but the Govee is a degree or more off. I'm wondering if I got unlucky with the Govee, and its actually off, or if both the others are off. So I'm not quite sure which ones to go with.
I think I read that its best to be slightly to hot, rather than to cold?
Also, at first I was running it dry, to see what the natural humidity was, but it was a little dry.
So I added some water, which seemed to make the temp go down (even after quite some time) I'm slightly puzzled about that.

Back
Top Bottom