I'm having a problem with my baby chick

JGreenwell

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2024
I am posting a link to the video I took of my baby chick. She has been doing this. One of the birds we got had a upper respiratory problem and we didn't notice til it was too late. This bird started having the crackling in her lungs and we gave her vet rx and it helped. Now she seems to be doing this? I'm not sure how to help her. I'm looking for any advise. Thank you.

It looks like it's a few weeks old I'm guessing. I'm just wondering what's going on that you've had two get URIs (Upper Resperatory Infections), such as something in the bedding or the area that they're in or is it real humid there?

I would put them all on Poultry Cell in their water. Alternate that with plain water for a week or so. That one may end up needing an antibiotic but perhaps just figuring out what may be causing it and eliminating that would help too.

VetRX is fine to keep using, but it won't cure anything. It's like the human version of Vicks, so it may help her breath better. I've read to put a drop under each wing on their rib cage and one near but not on the nostrils.

It looks like it's a few weeks old I'm guessing. I'm just wondering what's going on that you've had two get URIs (Upper Resperatory Infections), such as something in the bedding or the area that they're in or is it real humid there?

I would put them all on Poultry Cell in their water. Alternate that with plain water for a week or so. That one may end up needing an antibiotic but perhaps just figuring out what may be causing it and eliminating that would help too.

VetRX is fine to keep using, but it won't cure anything. It's like the human version of Vicks, so it may help her breath better. I've read to put a drop under each wing on their rib cage and one near but not on the nostrils.
Thank you so much for responding.What is poultry cell?She never had a problem until the other chicken that was with the passed away. She had crackling in her lungs and then this chicken had the same so I assumed upper respiratory:(.

There are two main vitamin products many of us use.

NutraDrench is great for giving to new chicks to give them a little vitamin boost. Some use it for their adults in times of stress or heat or just to give them a boost weekly/monthly. It's fast-acting.

Poultry Cell is the same, but more way more complete with more vitamins and nutrients they need. I linked one of them on Amazon, but we had gotten ours at TSC.

Both are mixed in water.

It at least helps them when they're sick to fight whatever it is, much like how we take a Vit C when we have a cold.

There are two main vitamin products many of us use.

NutraDrench is great for giving to new chicks to give them a little vitamin boost. Some use it for their adults in times of stress or heat or just to give them a boost weekly/monthly. It's fast-acting.

Poultry Cell is the same, but more way more complete with more vitamins and nutrients they need. I linked one of them on Amazon, but we had gotten ours at TSC.

Both are mixed in water.

It at least helps them when they're sick to fight whatever it is, much like how we take a Vit C when we have a cold.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom