Importing Eggs or Chicks from U.S to Canada, have you done it?

cluckcluck42

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Quebec
Hello all!

I'm trying to gather information on just how to bring eggs from U.S to Canada. I would be picking up the eggs and carrying them back with me over the border.

So far I have determined I need some kind of permit but I am at a loss as to where to get this permit and what else is required? I've contacted the appropriate government department and they copy and pasted some mumbo jumbo that I couldn't quite understand and told me to get a broker. Needless to say that was not much help!

If you have imported eggs or chicks PLEASE let me know how it all went down!!!! I very much appreciate any replies
smile.png

Also I would NOT be getting them from a hatchery.

I just read that when poultry is imported into the US, there is NO quarantine required, you just need a permit and an inspection at the border crossing by a licensed full-salaried gov. vet. The fee for quarantine is $19.00 per day (good thing it is not needed) and I am not sure if that is per bird or per coop. I did a google search for importing livestock and came up with some sites that give long, complicated explanations. Good luck and let us know how it goes. HenZ

Back
Top Bottom