Incubating Eggs Thread Help Area!

Wonder Quails

Songster
Oct 22, 2022
Hello! I just wanted to make this thread so that people can share helpful info and tips while incubating any type of eggs! If you have any tip or info to share, PLEASE share below in the comments! We would love to hear about them!
Here's a tip from me:
Candle every once a while to spot quitters, winners, and yolkers! I candle chicken eggs(depends) on day 7, 10,18, and 22 if necessary!
Excited to see tips and info floating around!

My tip is to not leave dogs and incubators together in the same room, never mind how uninterested or well-behaved you think they are. Obvious? Yes, after nearly losing 7 hatching chicks. Luckily with mine there was a happy ending, but the next person to do it might not be so lucky.

I have many tips on foam incubators if you look in the forum I put it up a few days ago. But if you use a foam incubator, remember to put it on a flat surface, (Not a rug) there are small air holes at the bottom that need to breathe, and draw air.

Day 16 if candled, a good egg will have a dark pointed tip. Do not lockdown on day 18 if the pointed tip is clear. This means too much fluid in egg.
Below is an egg on day 13, so you can see what a clear tip looks like...
pointed.PNG

Below is how an egg should look on day 18 and no clear should be seen near the air cell, and you will see a nice slope
IMG_2747.JPG

Back
Top Bottom