Incubating refrigerated eggs????

farmgirlforever18

Songster
9 Years
Mar 5, 2010
Dublin TEXAS
Has anyone tried Incubating refrigerated eggs? And did any hatch? I have some eggs that were put in the fridge from our bantys and i was wondering if it would work to incubate them

Depneds on how long they have been in the fridge.
smile.png

I would give it a go. Another BYC member who raises turkeys always refrigerates his eggs and has very successful hatches. I have seen his hatches.

From some other threads.
A.T. Hagan :

I refrigerate most all of my hatching eggs. My usual procedure is to let them come back up to room temperature before putting them in the box. Less condensation on the eggs that way.

A.T. Hagan :

Providing you don't leave them in the fridge for weeks and weeks there's no reason it won't work OK.

I refrigerate all of my hatching eggs in the summer and they hatch for me.​

We refrigerate a lot of our own eggs that we hatch out & I also set them out for a few hours before they go in the incubator to bring them back up to room temperature. Hatch rates with those have been anywhere from 80%-100%, but none of them were over 2 weeks old.

i have eggs that are 6 days - 1 week that were in the fridge and one of my hens decided to stop laying when i was collecting eggs for the Bator so I will try them out and see

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom