Incubation day 20

BriannaBanana

In the Brooder
Dec 28, 2023
Hello this is my first hatch. I am using a triocottage incubator with the rollers (the square one instead of dome.) Today will be day 20 at 4pm. I put 4 chicken eggs in Dec 27, 2023 at 4 pm. The eggs are from my neighbor. On day 18, for lockdown, I moved my operation from one room to another since the previous room gets too cold, and I also took the rollers out. Anyways, thus far there has been no rocking or anything as of yet. The last time I candled them was day 17 and two were moving, I have not touched them since then. I am fighting the urge to candle them, but I read I really wouldn't see much of anything anyway. What should I expect. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for any input.

Hello this is my first hatch. I am using a triocottage incubator with the rollers (the square one instead of dome.) Today will be day 20 at 4pm. I put 4 chicken eggs in Dec 27, 2023 at 4 pm. The eggs are from my neighbor. On day 18, for lockdown, I moved my operation from one room to another since the previous room gets too cold, and I also took the rollers out. Anyways, thus far there has been no rocking or anything as of yet. The last time I candled them was day 17 and two were moving, I have not touched them since then. I am fighting the urge to candle them, but I read I really wouldn't see much of anything anyway. What should I expect. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for any input.
Also I'd like to add I've kept the humidity at 65% since lockdown.
Sometimes it climbs, but at night, like for example last night at 9pm it was 65% then 12am it dropped to 45% so I quickly added water. It drops at night usually and I'm hoping this hasn't killed them I wake up multiple times a night anyways due to my 1 year old. The issue is I don't know how long they sat with the humidity low.

I'm not sure if it's the case for everyone, but candling them for a short while during lockdown doesn't really do much harm to the eggs lol. You could also test if there's movement by floating them in warm water, but I'd recommend you do that if you're sure there's no pipping or holes yet (can be done by candling too haha)

I'm not sure if it's the case for everyone, but candling them for a short while during lockdown doesn't really do much harm to the eggs lol. You could also test if there's movement by floating them in warm water, but I'd recommend you do that if you're sure there's no pipping or holes yet (can be done by candling too haha)
Hi, thanks for your response. My impatience got the best of me, and I ended up candling one last night and it tried pecking the light lol. They both have pipped now. One pecked the whole at the top center instead of air sac, so I hope it will be fine. I'm so excited. :3

See the difference in where they pipped? I hope this is not a problem.
1000015483.jpg

Back
Top Bottom