Incubation of chicken eggs

MoniC

Hatching
Mar 4, 2024
Hi all, my name is Monica. I have a question , I just started incubation 11 days ago. I just checked on my eggs and noticed what looks like a crack. Idk if my egg is pippin or if it got cracked accidentally when we candled. Should I remove it fro incubator? Yesterday all my eggs had movement. Please help, this is our first time incubatin. I might add, that these eggs were given to us by a friend who just gave us a rooster. He’s young still. We candled some of our chickens eggs but weren’t fertile.

It wouldn't be pipping at 11 days.

For a crack, as long as it's not missing part of the shell, some folks melt candle wax, like a crayon even. Others use fingernail polish. Something like that to seal the crack. Otherwise, if you don't want to do anything to it, I'd remove it as bacteria could get in and cause it to rot.

Thank you for your response. I don’t know how long the eggs were sitting in the coop. When I candled before adding to incubator only 3 of them looked like they were fertile. When I candled at day 5 all 10 had movement. I candled yesterday day 10 only 2 stopped growing so we removed.

Back
Top Bottom