Incubator and temp cannot control. Please help

Tmcclelland

Hatching
Mar 1, 2024

This is my first time using an incubator,I put my eggs in tonight. I am hatching chicks. The booklets says the temp needs to be at 100.4 and the humidity has to be at 60%. I am struggling to keep the humidity down to 60%. It’s running 65 to 67. Please help.
What should I get the temp and the humidity at for successful hatching rate

It should be between 99.5 and 100 for temperment and if doing a wet hatch the humidity should be between 45 and 50 percent. At day 17 lockdown you raise the humidity to 65 or 70. Do you have a calibrated termometer/hydrometer in the incubator?
What incubator are you using?

This is what I have and that is what it’s reading as of right now.

Attachments

• IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7522.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 7
I can adjust the humidity but it won’t let me change the temperature. These are my first ayam cemani chicks. I am nervous they won’t hatch.

Where it says set if you hit that does it allow you to change it to 100?

Do you have another thermometer in there as sometimes incubators read off?

Where it says set if you hit that does it allow you to change it to 100?

Do you have another thermometer in there as sometimes incubators read off?
If I hit set it won’t let me change it. I do not have another thermometer in there but I can put another one in there if that will help the process.

If I hit set it won’t let me change it. I do not have another thermometer in there but I can put another one in there if that will help the process.
Another calibrated acurate thermometer will help

Is there a vent you can open or close to allow more air or less air?

I’ve had this happen also! Find the temperature probe and make sure both wires are connected and not frayed. Mine had a small zip tie that was pinching the wire on a metal support. Loosened it up and it began working!

Back
Top Bottom