Incubator lid fell off day 21

I guess I could be wrong but she’ll broken with clear wrapping around her beck out

Could you take a photo? I'd give it a bit of time without intervening yet.
What led you to believe the others were shrink wrapped? Did they not make it?
I don’t wanna lift lid but the others where definitely not alive

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 11
I don’t wanna lift lid but the others where definitely not alive
When did you assist this one?
I can see some veins so she isn't ready just yet.
Have you got some coconut oil? If you do, with a clean hand, brush a little bit of coconut oil over the membrane with your finger, this will help to prevent it drying out. You'll need to do this every couple hours or so. Don't assist any further, she needs more time, just keep the membrane moist.

Don’t have coconut oil but I can dribble warm water in her
Be careful as you don't want to splash it on her or risk getting it on her nares.
Water will dry out very fast, do you have anything like vaseline, or another kind of vegetable based oil?
You just want to gently dab a bit on the membrane, just brush it on to keep it moist.

How do you know the others died?

If the baby is shrink wrapped, the membrane will be dry and yellow/brown in color. Regular membrane will be clear/white. Veining means the chick is not yet ready.

Your chick does not look ready to hatch yet. As @BelovedBirds said, make sure the membrane is moist but other than that leave her alone for now.

Thankyou everyone for all your advice and help she is looking good I’ve purchased 3x day old polish to keep her company

Back
Top Bottom