Incubator temperature keeps fluctuating

HatchAddict20

Hatching
May 21, 2023
So I bought the Little Giant Still-Air Incubator a couple years ago and the fist hatch I had went great. I stored the incubator for winter and when I tried hatching eggs this year I noticed that the incubators thermometer was jumping all over the place from 70⁰ to 130⁰+. I unplugged it and it seemed to go back to normal but just in case I put a separate thermometer in the incubator to keep an eye on it. Well I put some eggs in and everything was going great. One of the eggs started pipping and I left it alone to hatch. I went back the next morning and nothing happened. I then looked at the separate thermometer I put in the incubator and it was reading over 150⁰. I knew that everything had died (the eggs were pretty hot to the touch).

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this where the incubators thermometer was going crazy and if there was anything they did to fix it and prevent that from happening?

So I bought the Little Giant Still-Air Incubator a couple years ago and the fist hatch I had went great. I stored the incubator for winter and when I tried hatching eggs this year I noticed that the incubators thermometer was jumping all over the place from 70⁰ to 130⁰+. I unplugged it and it seemed to go back to normal but just in case I put a separate thermometer in the incubator to keep an eye on it. Well I put some eggs in and everything was going great. One of the eggs started pipping and I left it alone to hatch. I went back the next morning and nothing happened. I then looked at the separate thermometer I put in the incubator and it was reading over 150⁰. I knew that everything had died (the eggs were pretty hot to the touch).

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this where the incubators thermometer was going crazy and if there was anything they did to fix it and prevent that from happening?
I would write to the company and try to get a refund.
150 is incredibly hot, are you certain the reading was accurate? Was the thermometer calibrated? I don't trust that reading.

Back
Top Bottom