Information needed

Melissa_kirby

Hatching
Sep 20, 2023
Hello there,

My mother in law does ‘circle of life’ with chicken eggs in her school and gave me 3!

I’m not sure what breed or what sex they are! We are hoping for 2 hens and a cockerel but not sure.

They’ve just turned 12 weeks old! So any information I’d greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_3242.jpeg
    IMG_3242.jpeg
    832.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3277.jpeg
    IMG_3277.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3266.jpeg
    IMG_3266.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 13
Definitely one male -obvious bc lighter color. Males get two barred genes making bars wider. Wider white bars = lighter chicken. See the far right one in first pic, it has wider bars.

I’d say middle one looks female…far left, not sure bc the neck feathers and saddle feathers look “messy” and maybe pointed. Can’t see the detail very well, so maybe better pics of the two darker ones to see neck and saddle areas. At 12 weeks, they should begin to show the pointed saddle feathers.

Definitely one male -obvious bc lighter color. Males get two barred genes making bars wider. Wider white bars = lighter chicken. See the far right one in first pic, it has wider bars.

I’d say middle one looks female…far left, not sure bc the neck feathers and saddle feathers look “messy” and maybe pointed. Can’t see the detail very well, so maybe better pics of the two darker ones to see neck and saddle areas. At 12 weeks, they should begin to show the pointed saddle feathers.
Thank you! I’ll try and get better pictures for you!

Back
Top Bottom