injured chick questions..?

fanynany

Songster
Aug 22, 2020
Texas
i have a previous thread about garbanzo about his injury but he basically he was attacked by rooster, he’s 11 weeks old, he’s made it through these 2 nights now and seems to be improving, he’s swollen and in pain but slowly healing, he isn’t able to balance himself, he can’t walk or stand, he can’t turn his neck to the left, i have to hold him up most of the day or else he’ll freak out when he’s laying down leading to him hurting his neck, he eats and drinks and poops but i have to assist him with holding his food up to him and i clean his poo off of his feathers but i have to save water since our pipes burst and water is off. my main questions were: is there any suggestions on how to deal with his runny poo? any diy diapers? foods to harden up stool? i’m currently in a bad weather situation with no power and no water and i’m not able to go out to the stores neither am i able to re wash his towels. my second question was what do yall think the best sleeping position is for him? he doesn’t like being laid down but it’s the way i’ve been putting him, tonight i put him standing up being held up by 2 towels and he quickly fell asleep and looks more cozy so maybe standing up? but i dont want his leg to be super tired, his right leg has currently been flexed since his injury, he sits down like 1 time but then it goes back to being flexed and it’s been like that, so hopefully he’ll be okay! thoughts ?

Attachments

• 815C6936-F9A5-403D-88CD-4D410B77F71B.jpeg
    815C6936-F9A5-403D-88CD-4D410B77F71B.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom