Injured chicken with watery white droppings

Apr 30, 2022
My friend was telling me a few days ago that her chickens at some point had knocked over a wooden board. When she lifted it, she found it had crushed one of her chickens to death (she's moved the board at this point). 🙁

Yesterday she noticed one of her chickens looked injured, which she suspects was from the board incident. When she walked in her chicken coop today she saw it lying on the ground; very weak and looking dead. She brought it indoors. A few minutes ago she saw that it had passed a watery, white dropping in the box she put in.

Could this be from a possible (though unconfirmed) injury? Or is it sick? And is there anything she can do for it?

Thanks,

IMG_20221009_203242.jpg

IMG_20221009_203128.jpg

Well, my friend's hen has improved significantly. She's still eating well, and looks much less miserable than when she was pictured.

My friend is keeping her indoors until she fully recovers.

I'll keep you updated.

Well, my friend's hen has improved significantly. She's still eating well, and looks much less miserable than when she was pictured.

My friend is keeping her indoors until she fully recovers.

I'll keep you updated.
I'm glad to hear she's improving!
It can take some time to get over trauma and injury. Sounds like she's being well taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom