Internal prolapse?

MarisaGenevieve

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2021
I have a 1yo Mystic Onyx that has been laying nearly daily lately, but I noticed she has started to limp quite a bit over the last two days. Her bottom below her vent/the underside of her body is pretty swollen and squishy. I gave her a warm soak yesterday thinking she could be egg bound, but couldn't feel an egg. Today she was limping more and didn't come for treats like the others. I looked her over again, gently pressed on the squishy part, and some liquidy poo and something red and fleshy started to come out of her vent, so I stopped. Is this internal prolapse? Do I just let her live out her days, or is there anything I can do? Her vent is otherwise clean and doesn't look off at all.

I have a 1yo Mystic Onyx that has been laying nearly daily lately, but I noticed she has started to limp quite a bit over the last two days. Her bottom below her vent/the underside of her body is pretty swollen and squishy. I gave her a warm soak yesterday thinking she could be egg bound, but couldn't feel an egg. Today she was limping more and didn't come for treats like the others. I looked her over again, gently pressed on the squishy part, and some liquidy poo and something red and fleshy started to come out of her vent, so I stopped. Is this internal prolapse? Do I just let her live out her days, or is there anything I can do? Her vent is otherwise clean and doesn't look off at all.
I'm so sorry this sounds very serious 😞 I had a chicken that that I thought might be egg bound and when I tried to help her she struggled and began to push out her inner stuff. She was obviously in great pain so I had to kill her. Watch your hen closely and try to make her comfortable. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you besides be ready to put her down when you know that she is suffering

Back
Top Bottom