Introducing new chicks

KimberleiE

Chirping
Aug 11, 2021
does anybody have silkies with regular chickens? I have 10 silkies that are about ready for the big coop but i’m nervous & a lil hesitant. I have 6 girls in the big coop 3 easter eggers & 3 barred rock mixed that are sweet… to me anyways. What do u think?

does anybody have silkies with regular chickens? I have 10 silkies that are about ready for the big coop but i’m nervous & a lil hesitant. I have 6 girls in the big coop 3 easter eggers & 3 barred rock mixed that are sweet… to me anyways. What do u think?
Sorry you haven't gotten a response yet.

My 2 Silkies are with my big breeds and my ducks. I have the following breeds: Barred Rock, Brahma, Orpington, Cochin, Sebright, Turken, Spitzhauben, Legbar, EE. They hold their own.

However, I've heard others' Silkies haven't done well in flocks with larger birds.

You can try it, but I'd have a backup plan in case it doesn't work out.

Sorry you haven't gotten a response yet.

My 2 Silkies are with my big breeds and my ducks. I have the following breeds: Barred Rock, Brahma, Orpington, Cochin, Sebright, Turken, Spitzhauben, Legbar, EE. They hold their own.

However, I've heard others' Silkies haven't done well in flocks with larger birds.

You can try it, but I'd have a backup plan in case it doesn't work out.

I’ll def have a backup plan just incase. Thank you for responding. 💜

Back
Top Bottom