Introducing new ducks

Redw00d

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2022
Hello,
Several months back a mink got into our chicken/duck coop (are ducks and chickens "coexist" together but a fence inside the coop and in the pen separates them at all times) The mink got inside the coop on the ducks side we lost some ducks and rehabilitated two of them my drake and Redwood. Since the pen and coop has become a Fort Knox with alot a research. Redwood lost an eye but is doing very well now my drake has almost made a full recovery. I know my drake needs more females but I'm nervous introducing new ducks due to Redwoods eye loss. I do not want my duck to be pushed to the side as both ducks are very bonded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,
Several months back a mink got into our chicken/duck coop (are ducks and chickens "coexist" together but a fence inside the coop and in the pen separates them at all times) The mink got inside the coop on the ducks side we lost some ducks and rehabilitated two of them my drake and Redwood. Since the pen and coop has become a Fort Knox with alot a research. Redwood lost an eye but is doing very well now my drake has almost made a full recovery. I know my drake needs more females but I'm nervous introducing new ducks due to Redwoods eye loss. I do not want my duck to be pushed to the side as both ducks are very bonded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
First want to say sorry for your loss
Glad you were able to recover a few of them
It’s hard to say how things will go
Each duck has their own personality
I can say I have a flock of 16 and have groups that stick together within those 16

Back
Top Bottom