Is it dead? Pics

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
I candled tonight. I think she's on day 10 or 11. I can only see something in 2 of the eggs. One of the eggs is very dark. It looks like an eyeball. It's a dark circle with a dark blob in the middle.

The pictures are terrible, my camera can't focus in the dark.

These are the eyeball pictures, a brown egg. The flashlight is so bright you can so the veins in my thumb.
DSC01635.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

Here's the other, a blue egg. This "blob" isn't as big as the brown egg.
DSC01642.jpg

Turkey is getting very skinny. I'd hate it if she had to start all over again with a fresh batch.
sad.png

I can't tell anything from your photo. If you can see movement it is good. A black center with no movement is not good. You should be able to see something moving in them.

You do not want your hen to start setting another clutch of eggs. If she is getting skinny her health will begin to fail. If this clutch is done with you need to break her brood and get her on some serious feed rations. Boiled eggs, yogurt, game bird feed would be a great start.

To hard to tell, but you would see movement if there is anything going on in there.
What I do when I candle I sit down and watch for a minute or so if I see movement I mark with a star, if no movement I mark with a ? mark. I recheck it in two days. I candle the eggs by putting the air sack side of the egg on the light. For some reason it works better for me!
Keep us posted
Brenda

Back
Top Bottom