Is it normal for a hens vent to look like this?

Mutha_Clucka

Chirping
Apr 10, 2023
Los Angeles
Noticed today that one of my hens has some strange white/yellow looking stuff/bumps on her vent. It’s part of her skin or on there really good because I tried to remove it and couldn’t. None of my other hens have it. She also has been acting a little strange today. She is extra vocal & more irritable with the flock. She is due to lay an egg but hasn’t yet. She keeps going on the nesting box, doing egg songs even but no egg. Wondering what anyone thinks.
582128F1-C7F7-4B74-A6E1-835D0982E9E2.jpeg

If it was soft and stinky, I'd say vent gleet. I literally just got done looking at one of my hen's vents which looked about the same as yours without a couple of yellow bumps. I'm doubting that whatever that is is anything to worry about but I'd check it in a few days or a week or two even just to see if it looks any differently.

If it was soft and stinky, I'd say vent gleet. I literally just got done looking at one of my hen's vents which looked about the same as yours without a couple of yellow bumps. I'm doubting that whatever that is is anything to worry about but I'd check it in a few days or a week or two even just to see if it looks any differently.
Ok thanks, I’m prob just overthinking it. I’ll def check it out in a week or two. She has laid since and seems fine otherwise. Appreciate the response.

Back
Top Bottom