Is it still alive?

its really hard to regulate the temp in a homemade incubator like this. Now, a thermostat is supposed to achieve a fixed temp, so in theory, it should cool the heat source if it goes above the desired temperature.
What is the temperature difference? I use a thermostat with my exotic invertebrates, and it is able to be set a set limit. So if I want it to be 37.5 degrees, I can give it a 0.5 diff, so that it wont go below 37, or above 38.
Do you have this setting?
And it is important to know where the probe is located, so that you know it is able to do its job.
Yes i have a setting with +- 0.3 on the thermostat. The temps in the waterbed is quite steady and spot on but somehow the temp on the egg is higher. Almost every morning the 1st temp i got on the eggs are always around 40C. So I'm not sure if that's ok.. What are the eggs temp when incubating in a proper incubator around the last week before hatching? Im curious..

Yes i have a setting with +- 0.3 on the thermostat. The temps in the waterbed is quite steady and spot on but somehow the temp on the egg is higher. Almost every morning the 1st temp i got on the eggs are always around 40C. So I'm not sure if that's ok.. What are the eggs temp when incubating in a proper incubator around the last week before hatching? Im curious..
40C is too high, and for longer periods of time could be fatally dangerous.
The temp during incubation and lockdown stays the same, 37.5, some people reduce the temp by a degree or so, ever so slightly, but this is only for large hatches and isnt really necessary.

Back
Top Bottom