Is it too cold?

Update, one week later and they are still doing great! :) They are starting their third week. They get more quirky everyday.

So they are 4 weeks old now and almost outgrowing their brooder... This morning i woke up and went to check on them and too my surprise their brooder bulb burnt out!!
ep.gif
The temperature in their read 48*f and they were fine? They were running around doing their usual, theyre fully feathered except one who is just a little behind.. Is it okay to keep them without the bulb? Today is our coldest day and then its going to warm back up to the 70s tomorrow, lows 37-40...They seem fine...

They should be considering they are almost fully feathered. Keep on eye on them though and if they cheep in distress or pile oup on top of each other just put a regular 60 w house bulb in the lamp and lower it about 6-8" from the floor. No need to buy another $10 bulb this far along.

Phew, great. Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking on them. I hate those brooder bulbs lol. Too unpredictable sometimes...

Back
Top Bottom