Is it too early to tell the gender of my 2 turkeys?

Myah1011

Songster
Jun 26, 2023
I have 2 turkeys and have never owned turkeys before, one of them is a chocolate turkey named choco taco while the other is a royal palm Turkey named dandelion, I was hoping that maybe one of you guys could tell the genders of these guys but I understand if they are too young.

Attachments

• FAD5FE9A-96DC-433B-A059-DDF36F1CD0A3.jpeg
    FAD5FE9A-96DC-433B-A059-DDF36F1CD0A3.jpeg
    675.7 KB · Views: 36
I have 2 turkeys and have never owned turkeys before, one of them is a chocolate turkey named choco taco while the other is a royal palm Turkey named dandelion, I was hoping that maybe one of you guys could tell the genders of these guys but I understand if they are too young.
Too young to sex from pictures.

Definitely too young to tell from their looks. Very beautiful birds though :)
From raising many turkeys, I have noticed if you pay attention to their behavior closely, it’ll help you get an idea of their gender

Definitely too young to tell from their looks. Very beautiful birds though :)
From raising many turkeys, I have noticed if you pay attention to their behavior closely, it’ll help you get an idea of their gender
If that’s the case they do act differently, Dandelion the royal palm Turkey tends to be very skittish and rarely comes up to me and isn’t really interested in me while Taco the chocolate Turkey tends to get sad when I leave and likes to jump up on my lap sometimes and Very rarely they strut at me, they also comfortable sleeping and preening themself next to me, not sure if this is really helpful with telling there gender but I hope it helps! Also thank you everyone for replying!

Back
Top Bottom