Is my duck egg bound?

Dilpretzal

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2023
I’m really unsure of what to do right now. Since about noon my duck has been very lethargic, quite and not really doing much apart from laying around. She’s not normally this docile and usually when I approach her she will run away. My other ducks have been very lively, it’s just her that looks very off right now :(

She keeps moving her tail up and down, I’ve tried to best capture it via the screenshots.

Also she is not caged, I keep their pen open during the day because they like to sleep in it but they roam freely. She has chosen to go to her cage to lie down.
IMG_6386.png

Attachments

• IMG_6387.png
    IMG_6387.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6388.png
    IMG_6388.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6389.png
    IMG_6389.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Sure sounds like she is having egg problems If you don't have Calcium Gluconate you need some asap TSC this is the best stuff to get an egg moving. 1ml over a tasty treat [not in her water it will dilute it too much] or by mouth using a needleless syringe. We have info on the best way to give liquids if you need it. You can let her soak in a tub of nice warm water also sometimes that can help them relax enough to pass an egg. Egg binding is very serious so try to get the calcium Gluconate as quick as you can.

Back
Top Bottom