Is there a UK standard for Bearded silkies?

BlueTheBrahma

Songster
Sep 2, 2021
My first and only silkie cock (called Footloose for his sixth toe one one foot) died the other day, and I’m looking for a replacement. All my silkies are splash bearded silkies, which I thought were an accepted variety of the usual British standard. After some Googling, I can’t seem to find any UK standard beardeds, so I’m questioning if they are accepted in the UK. I much prefer the bearded type, I think it rounds off the entire fluffy nature of them, but I am interested in breeding to SOP (British Standard) eventually. This will help me decide if my next boy should be bearded or not.
Thanks.

It's my understanding that Bantam Silkies in England are Bearded, & Largefowl clean faced(This is as well in Asia, for LF Silkies).

It's my understanding that Bantam Silkies in England are Bearded, & Largefowl clean faced(This is as well in Asia, for LF Silkies).
Thanks. I wasn’t aware of a bantam standard in the UK, I thought there was one type that was almost a bantam but classified as largefowl. I’m still learning though.
Thanks

silkie us-uk-eu.jpg
2silkie us-uk-eu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom