Is this a bad rooster sign?

Crowing does not indicate that a cockerel is ready to reproduce. I've seen plenty of them crow before 2 months old, but they are typically not ready to reproduce at that age!

Yours at 4 months old might be wanting to mate, but I would judge that by his other behaviors, not by the crowing.

As for his behavior toward you--yes, it's a problem, but I don't know what advice to give.
Thank you, he tries to mount my other hens even the little ones but doesn’t get anything past that since they just run away from him.

I'm so sorry, I hope you can protect them in future. That must have been really sad, I would kill my neighbour if they did that. Well, not really but you get what I mean anyway. my condolences.

About the roo, aggressive roos of mine usually fly and try to spur at me. Interesting behaviour. Is he good around the hens?
Thank you, he was a big cockerel who hadn’t even had a chance to crow since he was part of the batch of the recent chicks I got 2 months ago. I was saving him up for this years Christmas but I guess that’s not an option anymore :(.

Back
Top Bottom