Is this cocidiosis??

khorn11

In the Brooder
May 13, 2021
I have had a lethargic, sick silky chicken for the past three days. Only drinking small amounts If I bring water to her beak, not moving, not pruning. Have supplemented water with the cover 911 and Nutri drench. She has not eaten since Sunday Had some poop and this is what it looks like. Should I treat her for coccidiosis?

Attachments

• 1F767EC3-5CA4-4086-94D4-6679FA769894.jpeg
    1F767EC3-5CA4-4086-94D4-6679FA769894.jpeg
    434.6 KB · Views: 32
How old is she and is she standing around fluffed up and listless? Are there other chicks/chickens or is she the only one acting like this?

The Nutra Drench sometimes can cause a bit of loose stools. If you stop, that'll clear that up as your 911 has probiotics.

She is the only one, I have had her separated from the flock, she is just standing, not super puffed out but a little and not moving. Been like this since Monday becoming more and more reluctant to drink. She is almost two years old

She is the only one, I have had her separated from the flock, she is just standing, not super puffed out but a little and not moving. Been like this since Monday becoming more and more reluctant to drink. She is almost two years old
At her age, coccidiosis is not very common, but while we'd try figure out what else she has, if that's what it is, she'll die if not treated, so I would put her on Corid or whatever you use where you are for cocci.

It's odd she'd be the only one with this though. I'd also suspect worms or mites, but again, it'd be odd if she was the only one.

When done with that treatment, be sure to put her on several days of vitamins and probiotics.

Back
Top Bottom