Charlottehoward4

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2023
Hi guys I’m wondering if someone could give me some advice. This is my gorgeous girl Posie. Shes usually a very perky chook but recently she’s been quite quiet, sitting in one place quite a lot which isn’t like her. I’ve brought her indoors as it is so cold at the moment and I’m concerned she’ll freeze if she’s not moving around. She is eating less but still enough and she hasn’t lost any weight. Toiletting is completely normal and she is still having a scratch indoors. She is just usually the loudest in the flock and is really quiet and mostly still. I’ve noticed a change in her pupils and now I am so worried this could be mareks. Could somebody please give me some advice if they think this is the case? I know there is no ‘cure’ but if there is anything I can do for her to make her feel any better. She’s typically a very strong girl who has been through a lot and always managed to pull through! I’m hoping whatever this is, she’ll do the same. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• BD4C6C21-51B0-4102-AC6D-CCFAF8C0CB30.jpeg
    BD4C6C21-51B0-4102-AC6D-CCFAF8C0CB30.jpeg
    863.8 KB · Views: 46
How old is she? Her right eye is definitely different, with an irregular pupil. While the ocular form of Mareks might be a possibility, I’m not convinced yet. It might have been an injury or infection in her eye. After looking again at the left eye, there might be some changes there coming. The main problem is that she could be losing her eyesight, especially in the right eye, so make sure that she can find her way around, get food and water, and let no one bother her. Take her aside to feed a couple of times a day. Give us an update on how she is getting along. If she develops any other symptoms, update this thread.

How old is she? Her right eye is definitely different, with an irregular pupil. While the ocular form of Mareks might be a possibility, I’m not convinced yet. It might have been an injury or infection in her eye. After looking again at the left eye, there might be some changes there coming. The main problem is that she could be losing her eyesight, especially in the right eye, so make sure that she can find her way around, get food and water, and let no one bother her. Take her aside to feed a couple of times a day. Give us an update on how she is getting along. If she develops any other symptoms, update this thread.
Can you take a look at my thread? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom