Is this normal egg color variation?

BGcoop

Crowing
5 Years
Aug 5, 2018
I THINK I only have one marans chicken but I get both the plain dark eggs and the speckled dark eggs-not on the same day. Is it normal for the same bird to fluctuate day to day on this much speckling?
IMG_4759.jpeg

Yes, kind of sort of. Normal as in that is what happened, and there is really nothing humans can do about it. As in it does not cause the bird a health issue. Sometime there are little misfunctions in egg color. Sometimes it will change, some birds will occasionally create spotted eggs, some never, some once in a while.

I would expect a BCM to have a much darker brown egg than either of those - but it might be the light.

With egg color - I think you get what you get!

Mrs K

Yes, kind of sort of. Normal as in that is what happened, and there is really nothing humans can do about it. As in it does not cause the bird a health issue. Sometime there are little misfunctions in egg color. Sometimes it will change, some birds will occasionally create spotted eggs, some never, some once in a while.

I would expect a BCM to have a much darker brown egg than either of those - but it might be the light.

With egg color - I think you get what you get!

Mrs K
I believe she is a wheaten marans. Her eggs are several shades darker than my regular brown eggs, but by no means the deep deep chocolate eggs some people seem to have.🤷🏻‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom