It may not be pretty (yet), but it's functional

Cade S

Chirping
Apr 8, 2023
Prince George County, Virginia
I will just say that I can't wait for the coop and run to be done-done. But of course, I always see what someone else is doing to make their configuration cooler and start thinking way ahead of what I should be.

The coop is functional, just needs to be made pretty and protected long-term (haven't decided on how I'm doing siding and need to install hardware cloth in my ventilation gaps) and insulate and maybe more that I have on my list but can't think of right now. We're in the process of predator-proofing the run by burying 4ft tall hardware cloth a foot deep around the edges.

Thoughts, feedback, and criticism is all appreciated.

20230511_195716.jpg

Roof went on earlier this week once we had a break from the rain. Gonna be real honest with you, I wasn't 100% sure that I built a sturdy enough roof and I was terrified of joining the chicks inside. We used some clear PVC roofing that we got a great deal on, but we'll see how long we keep it before I replace it with galvanized roofing.
705185101.jpg

All I can say is these little punks better know how much I like them after removing three lone star ticks off my stomach and several more before they could bite (yes, I'm covered in tick spray, double-sided carpet tape, and anti-tick clothes, I'm just unlucky as heck when it comes to them).

20230421_160019.jpg

Inside few:
20230429_153358.jpg

-and-

20230429_153405.jpg

Looks very nice! We are building an enclosure run. Was supposed to be done last weekend and we all got sick (of course). Have one half of a corner wall done. LOL You are way ahead of us. Keep up the great work! 👍

Looks very nice! We are building an enclosure run. Was supposed to be done last weekend and we all got sick (of course). Have one half of a corner wall done. LOL You are way ahead of us. Keep up the great work! 👍
We were going to do the whole thing from scratch, but honestly, there are only so many hours in day, my chicks are ready to be outside, and I'm sore 🤣

Hope you're feeling better and your project is frustration-free.

Back
Top Bottom