Jaybeetee flock blog!!!

Jaybeetee

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 20, 2014
Maine
Hello! I was thinking about starting a small blog about my 18 chickens. Daily updates and such. I guess I should start with some background info.
In 2012, we got our first batch of chickens. 17 hens (very lucky) 5 austrolorpes, 6 buff orpingtons, and 6 EEs. Over the next 4 years or so, we added AND subtracted from our flock (hawk attacks, winter, sickness, ect) eventually, my family accumulated 32 chickens, until one day when our new puppy got out and slaughtered 16 of them. We are now currently living with 18 chickens. Two of the original austrolorps (eggbert & cucumber) 3 of the original EE's (cupcake, dandelion, & widow) 3 of the original buff orpingtons & one new one (octagon, glove, little mitten, and eggly) 1 RIR (waddles;very noisy I might add) 1 New Hampshire red (omlet) 1 barred rock(hopper) 1 buff bantam Cochin(little foot) 1 buff laced polished (nomo or crazy head) 1 dark cornish(amber) 2 GLW(cinnamon & toast) and 1 buff orpington/EE mix (tic tac)

I will be talking more about the flock in more posts coming soon!

In December, a few weeks after the dog attack, we ordered a batch of 16 chickens off my pet chicken. 2 SLW, 2 Blue Andalusians, 2 silver laced polish, 1 silver spangled Hamburg rooster,1 black Sumatra rooster, 2 random rare breeds, 1 light brahma, 1 blue Orpington which they are replacing with a blue EE, 2 Egyptian Fayoumis, and 1 lavender Orpington. Today is arrival day!!!! Stay tuned for chick pics :)

Chicks are here! I'll post pics of them soon. 2 of them died (I'm thinking the Andalusians?) and one we think has a broken leg, it's a salmon favrolle from the assorted rare. Other than that everyone looks alive and healthy :)

Back
Top Bottom