Just completed my $3000 dream coop and planned to move young flock in. Now one has Marek’s. Now what…

Need advice ASAP. Lost longer post but will share context in post in this forum.

• A. Slow down and stick to the plan. Assume all exposed.

• B. Cull the SS and stick to the plan. Assume all exposed.

• C. Cull ALL the unvax’d. Assume all exposed. Move on.

• D. Burn it all down.

• E. Burn it all down and move and then burn that down.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi all,

Thanks for all the good advice. I definitely have decided to slow down - particularly after seeing our cockerel drinking some water in his personal Dog crate Air BnB. I will report back later today on him, but yesterday we just left him alone. I didn’t even clean the cage so he could just rest. I noticed he’s not eating but he IS drinking. He looks alert whenever we check on him and he’s still hobbling about because I saw him move quickly back to his little litter bed when the dogs decided to play doctor and check on him.

If he passes, I will definitely have him tested to see what we’re dealing with. Right now, from what I can tell there are no other birds that seem to be affected by anything. I’m going to take it one day at a time until I know things are not getting better (or they get worse…).

Here he is on a better day a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 76CE40F3-C8CF-4296-B9DD-7081AA312589.jpeg
    76CE40F3-C8CF-4296-B9DD-7081AA312589.jpeg
    818.4 KB · Views: 9
I wondered about this too. He’s eating medicated feed right now (same thing as corrid), but I gave him some nutradrench and I suspect that would counter it…

I wondered about this too. He’s eating medicated feed right now (same thing as corrid), but I gave him some nutradrench and I suspect that would counter it…
There is very little Amprolium in Medicated feed, not enough to treat an outbreak. Use Corid itself if you have Coccidiosis. And do not use both medicated feed and Corid at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom