Just hatched duckling doesn’t sound right

FluffHoarder

Chirping
Jul 31, 2020
I have a duckling who just hatched maybe two hours ago and I noticed that he was sort of clicking on and off when she breathes. So I gently picked her up and held her to my ear and I noticed that she has a crackle and her heart sound both slow and louder than what the rest of the ducklings have. She seems to be bright and alert, she’s moving around just fine. I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about?

I have a duckling who just hatched maybe two hours ago and I noticed that he was sort of clicking on and off when she breathes. So I gently picked her up and held her to my ear and I noticed that she has a crackle and her heart sound both slow and louder than what the rest of the ducklings have. She seems to be bright and alert, she’s moving around just fine. I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about?
Sorry you didn’t get a response, how is your duckling now? A lot of times a clicking noise means they have aspirated something.

She’s still kinda clicky and I’ve noticed lil bits of something clear coming out of her nostrils. She’s happy and healthy other than that and it doesn’t seem to bothering her at all, but I still am keeping a close on her to make sure she doesn’t suddenly go downhill

Back
Top Bottom