Just lost power

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
Hey yall I just lost power. How do I keep my two silkie cross chicks that are 6-7 weeks old warm enough? They are in garage. Temp overnight is gonna be 67 degrees

Check with the power company on how long they expect the power to be out. Put the chickens in a box with towel underneath, and a sheet over the top (allows air flow, but not drafts). Bring into your house if the garage is uninsulated.

Hey yall I just lost power. How do I keep my two silkie cross chicks that are 6-7 weeks old warm enough? They are in garage. Temp overnight is gonna be 67 degrees
Do you normally provide heat for them at that age and temperature?
If you do, what temperature do you keep them at?

If they are in need of heat or protection. Provide them with a huddle box with generous bedding or a soft blanket to snuggle in to.

Do you normally provide heat for them at that age and temperature?
If you do, what temperature do you keep them at?

If they are in need of heat or protection. Provide them with a huddle box with generous bedding or a soft blanket to snuggle in to.
Today is an unusually warm day, it’s regularly been in the 50s-40s. They are backed way down off of heat probably in the 70s. These are my first silkies, and I know they are a bit less cold hardy. I just gave them some extra shavings. They seems actually pretty comfortable as far as I could tell.

Oh, I read the wrong weather report… it’s supposed to drop to as low as 45 degrees Fahrenheit tonight. I put the towel under the rubber made tote they are in and added more shavings

Back
Top Bottom