Knock! Knock! G'day! Would you like to buy a vacuum cleaner?

Ons3Saam

Chirping
Feb 22, 2022
G'day mates.

Selling myself is not something that comes naturally, but if I'm going to make this work, I'll probably have to get used to it.

The missus was climbing the corporate ladder when we met, and she is very good at it. I became support services and I am really good at it. Our daughter is nine, and like anyone her age has a different BFF and life aspiration every day. Sometimes she changes her mind twice a day. That's OK, she's young.

As time has a tendency to do, it changed all our plans while we were looking the other way and now we all want to just stay home and grow food. Now I hear you asking "So who is going to pay the mortgage?" and I don't blame you. It occurred to me too.

Now the big question is what will this South African, ex jeep jockey, living in rural Victoria do to make money? There aren't many charging African elephants to protect from the mean tourists here. One thing a jeep jockey is good at, is transferring information to foreigners and smiling for the camera of said foreigners, relieved that the bloody big elephant stopped just short of the group. Mmm. I have an idea.

There are people that drive Ferrari's and live in mansions from money made with a YouTube channel or Instagram or Tiktok or something! But a Ferrari won't last long on the bush roads around here. And a mansion on our 5 acre block will look out of place and be a waste of space. So what to do? Let's see if we can just replace the missus' salary. Let's use the family camera and cellphone and make some videos. Don't we have some microphones lying around somewhere?

Now we have some videos. Now what? Well, we better learn how a video editor works. How difficult can it be? Half a lifetime and many profanities later we can tell you, it's eeeeasy. YouTube channel? Check. Videos? Check. Now where do we get viewers?

You join us at this stage of the story. And with a few easy clicks, you can help us with our predicament. I never saw myself as someone saying "Like, share and subscribe" but without saying "Like, share and subscribe" I won't have any "Likes, shares and subscriptions" that will all hopefully translate into a few cents per view down the track. But even for a modest income, we have calculated that we will need hundreds of thousands of views and we're only at the pointy end of the process so we have six. Every single person right now "Liking, sharing and subscribing" will translate into many more "Likes, shares and subscriptions" down the track and now I would really like to stop saying "Like, share and subscribe" so please don't make me say it again. But please help us build our channels by... you know by now. Who knows, maybe one day you can tell your grandchildren "I was there when it started". Just don't hold your breath on that one because that bloody Ferrari still won't make it on these roads.

Now if you've read this far then you'll definitely fit in well in your YouTube family. Our written descriptions are almost as long as the videos and celebrate the art of the written word so there's something for everyone. Long video weekly and a short on the weekend. And all you have to do is watch our videos without an ad blocker, and Like, share and subscribe. Oh no! I said it again! I'll leave a link here and let the cards fall where thay may.

I thank you for reading.

Have a beautiful day further,
Ons3Saam

Back
Top Bottom