Lakenvelder chickens

jaywin

Chirping
Apr 28, 2020
Hi
I am researching white egg layers for addition to my flock and it seems all are quite flighty.
lakenvelders are my current favourite as they seem less flighty than leghorns and don’t have the head feathers of the polish - it rains here in England so I worry about those!
Has anyone got lakenvelders? And are they likely to try to escape a two acre paddock? I don’t need them to be cuddly as I have a few of them, just not two adventurous.

The andalusian chicken is good too. I have a polish and I have to keep her in the run until it stops raining

Hi thank you I’ll have a read about them. Do you have some? And are they a settled breed?

Hi
I am researching white egg layers for addition to my flock and it seems all are quite flighty.
lakenvelders are my current favourite as they seem less flighty than leghorns and don’t have the head feathers of the polish - it rains here in England so I worry about those!
Has anyone got lakenvelders? And are they likely to try to escape a two acre paddock? I don’t need them to be cuddly as I have a few of them, just not two adventurous.
Lakevelnder chicks are not flighty. They are pretty calm and quit timid to people I have a sweet girl name Blair she will let me pet her she is super calm and sweet. I know this thread is old and I am aware of it but dont be afraid to buy the their nothing what you think they are there very timid.

Lakevelnder chicks are not flighty. They are pretty calm and quit timid to people I have a sweet girl name Blair she will let me pet her she is super calm and sweet. I know this thread is old and I am aware of it but dont be afraid to buy the their nothing what you think they are there very timid.
Hi
I actually found a quiet white egger layer breed and have just hatched some today! They are silver Dorkings and ended up being just around the corner from me from a heritage poultry breeder! But thank you!
the great thing about the Dorkings is you can tell the sex at hatch, think I might have two girls !🥚🐣🐥❤️

Back
Top Bottom