Lavender Silkie Cochin mix

Tayshaann

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2016
Paris, TX
I bred a blue cochin bantam to a white silkie hen and it looks like I have 2 lavenders? Will these 2 chicks stay this color or darken up? The middle chick looks like it has dark feathers coming in on its head. Most of the chicks hatched were the dark blue color. It looks black in the lighting but it's not. None were white, so I guess mom must be carrying lavender.

Attachments

• 20200713_091112.jpg
    20200713_091112.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200713_091055.jpg
    20200713_091055.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 23
Ok sorry , I'm not great with genetics but I'm trying. So theres different shades of blue that are light colored but arent lavender? I did read that they are completely different and lavender isnt blue, that's why I was wondering if maybe the hen or roo carried lavender as well as blue in their genetics.

I bred a blue cochin bantam to a white silkie hen and it looks like I have 2 lavenders? Will these 2 chicks stay this color or darken up? The middle chick looks like it has dark feathers coming in on its head. Most of the chicks hatched were the dark blue color. It looks black in the lighting but it's not. None were white, so I guess mom must be carrying lavender.

Hi😊there’s no blue in Lavender just for clarification

There’s no blue in Lavender just for clarification

Back
Top Bottom