Laying Ducks - Not Laying

McFunnyFarm

Chirping
Jul 20, 2022
Kansas
Ok, so my ducks are right at a year old. They were laying good and regular for several weeks. All of a sudden they stopped laying!! I have looked and looked and looked!!! What would cause them to stop laying all of a sudden?! Nothing within their environment has changed, they are all acting fine. This is my first time with ducks and collecting their eggs!! Please give me some advice!

Ok, so my ducks are right at a year old. They were laying good and regular for several weeks. All of a sudden they stopped laying!! I have looked and looked and looked!!! What would cause them to stop laying all of a sudden?! Nothing within their environment has changed, they are all acting fine. This is my first time with ducks and collecting their eggs!! Please give me some advice!
Do you have any males? Sometimes the males can harass the females so much that they quit laying. I had to rehome several large males that were tormenting my females last spring for that reason and I was not getting as many eggs.

Do you have any males? Sometimes the males can harass the females so much that they quit laying. I had to rehome several large males that were tormenting my females last spring for that reason and I was not getting as many eggs.
I have 9 females and only one make penned up. All other names free range our property. They started laying again not long after I posted this and now I'm averaging 4-6 eggs per day! Thanks for the response.

I have 9 females and only one make penned up. All other names free range our property. They started laying again not long after I posted this and now I'm averaging 4-6 eggs per day! Thanks for the response.
Too funny. My ducks stopped laying for awhile but started laying again as soon as I posted about it. It's like they knew I was discussing it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom