"Leann's adopt me bargain" Meyer Hatchery

Kristen D

Songster
Jun 24, 2017
Has anyone had any experience with the "Leann's Adopt Me Bargain" offered by Meyer hatchery? What types of chicks did you receive? Was it all chickens? Did you get straight run, if not what was the ration of pullets/cockerels? Was it a good bargain with a good assortment? Would you do it again?

I got mostly cockerels. I ordered ten to go with my order of other chicks just because of the shipping costs, they were basically free.
Pretty much would get anything I imagine.
Cockerels, 7; I got two white cochins, one wellsumer, one white leghorn, two polish, one rhode island red.
Pullets, 3; one of each; golden laced polish, easter egger, dark cornish.

I got mostly cockerels. I ordered ten to go with my order of other chicks just because of the shipping costs, they were basically free.
Pretty much would get anything I imagine.
Cockerels, 7; I got two white cochins, one wellsumer, one white leghorn, two polish, one rhode island red.
Pullets, 3; one of each; golden laced polish, easter egger, dark cornish.
I hope I don't get mostly cockarels. I did the straight run though. That seems like a fun selection at least. Were the chickens all healthy?

Yup, all healthy, no casualties. I was happy with Meyer's. A surprise see what you get, you never know.
I've actually never had casualties with any other hatchery either
(except for one that I might have been partly at fault, I never feed medicated feed or medicate chicks or use additives etc in their water so I don't put the blame on them the chicks may have been ok if I was a little more proactive rather then relying on survival of the hardiest...)

Yup, all healthy, no casualties. I was happy with Meyer's. A surprise see what you get, you never know.
I've actually never had casualties with any other hatchery either
(except for one that I might have been partly at fault, I never feed medicated feed or medicate chicks or use additives etc in their water so I don't put the blame on them the chicks may have been ok if I was a little more proactive rather then relying on survival of the hardiest...)
That's awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom