Leaving for the weekend

Smiles278

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2023
We need to go out of town for the weekend. Is there blocks of food or something like that? They always have access to water as they have a pool and self waterer but I’m unsure what to do about food

I have 2 5gallon buckets with lids, and I cut circular holes a few inches from the bottom, one on each bucket and fit in a I think it was 4 inch PVC pipe curved piece and secured it well on the inside with a little duck tape. These two feeders have lasted me seven years already. It takes 13 ducks or a few days to eat it all. I would post a picture but it’s raining and muddy and I just came in from back there.
If you start on BackyardChickens, homepage, click on articles, then choose learning Center, then choose feeders and waterers. You will see many options.

We need to go out of town for the weekend. Is there blocks of food or something like that? They always have access to water as they have a pool and self waterer but I’m unsure what to do about food
I only know of flock block, I believe Purnia makes them but they are only a treat.
Any way you can have someone come and top off a feeder while your gone. As long as the feed is out of the weather it should be fine.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/feeders-waterers.26/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom