Leghorn crosses

Ilikechickensalittlebit

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2023
I have a White leghorn rooster and about 6 eggs that should be hatching in the next few weeks here. The hens in the flock consist of 2 Buff Orphingtons, 2 barred rocks, 1 olive egger(None of her eggs are in this clutch), 1 black sex link, and one "Wyandotte" That I don't think is a purebred. I was curious if anyone has any of these crosses or any ideas as to what they would look like?

I have a White leghorn rooster and about 6 eggs that should be hatching in the next few weeks here. The hens in the flock consist of 2 Buff Orphingtons, 2 barred rocks, 1 olive egger(None of her eggs are in this clutch), 1 black sex link, and one "Wyandotte" That I don't think is a purebred. I was curious if anyone has any of these crosses or any ideas as to what they would look like?
The chicks from all these crosses will definitely be lighter in color and weight the the hen that laid the eggs I would think. Laying should be improved as for size and production. Free ranging should also be improved. Temperament may not be as good as the hen side though.

The barred rock cross is called a California Gray. Looks like a barred rock but with gray stripes instead of black. Females have darker gray stripes than males.

Back
Top Bottom