Leghorn... ???

chickneggs

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2013
UpNorth ☀️
I had a leghorn in the past and KNOW they lay white eggs... I was given this chicken; told it was a leghorn, but she for sure is laying [very light] brown eggs (she is an awesome layer!), plus her legs are not yellow. And I do know about looking at their ear lobes, which her's are white... so this just doesn't make sense.

As far as the brown on her feathers - that's just dirt. She is a beautiful plain white chicken. What breed could she be??

BD25F7E9-647F-4065-AE57-86A8384A35F0_1_201_a.jpeg 7460E3B0-C7C0-48EB-ACFE-C7357D546B3C_1_201_a.jpeg EEF6AAE4-D02A-488D-9BEB-DB08B0B5BC0A_1_201_a.jpeg

I had a leghorn in the past and KNOW they lay white eggs... I was given this chicken; told it was a leghorn, but she for sure is laying [very light] brown eggs (she is an awesome layer!), plus her legs are not yellow. And I do know about looking at their ear lobes, which her's are white... so this just doesn't make sense.

As far as the brown on her feathers - that's just dirt. She is a beautiful plain white chicken. What breed could she be??

View attachment 2903590View attachment 2903592View attachment 2903594
Looks like a Leghorn Cross.

Thank you for the quick replies. You guys confirmed my thoughts. After researching different breeds, I could only think she was a mix of some sort. Figured I'd confirm it on here. 😄

View attachment 2903590View attachment 2903592View attachment 2903594
I have a white leghorn that lays tan eggs they could not be pure I would not worry

Back
Top Bottom