Lethargic hen with yellow poo & heavy breathing

Hey how’s everything going? Is anything working?❤️❤️❤️
Well, she’s fine now. I have no idea what did the trick. We threw so much at the wall that apparently something stuck. Once she was finally showing some interest in pumpkin purée, I snuck some probiotic water into that to help with her fluid intake. We kept trying with the nutri-drench and ended up only giving her one more bath because it was such an ordeal.

On the fourth day of being inside she was doing a little more almost normal clucking in the crate so we decided to give her a little free range time with her flock. That seemed to make her happy, but she still wasn’t 100%. She was moving a little slower than usual, but was happy to be outside pecking in the grass. We still brought her in that evening and gave her a variety of food options - she would peck at her normal feed here and there, but not enough in our opinion.

On the next day we moved her out to the run with the rest of the girls for the whole day and just checked on her intermittently. She appeared to still be moving a little slow, but again, perfectly content and cuddling with the others near the dust bath. So we decided that we would leave her out there to sleep with the flock.

After another day, what would’ve been day 7, she was acting completely normal. She still hadn’t laid an egg, but she was eating and drinking and running around with everyone like nothing had happened. She finally gave us an egg a couple of days later. It was completely average in size and shell.

So long story long, I have no idea what happened, why she was sick, or what made her better. We’re just glad she’s ok and back to her goofy self. Of course we’re constantly on the look out now, but considering I’ve essentially cleaned out Wilco for chicken supplies, I feel confident we’re ready should another issue pop up!

Thanks for checking in and for the support. It really meant a lot when I was in full panic mode.

Well, she’s fine now. I have no idea what did the trick. We threw so much at the wall that apparently something stuck. Once she was finally showing some interest in pumpkin purée, I snuck some probiotic water into that to help with her fluid intake. We kept trying with the nutri-drench and ended up only giving her one more bath because it was such an ordeal.

On the fourth day of being inside she was doing a little more almost normal clucking in the crate so we decided to give her a little free range time with her flock. That seemed to make her happy, but she still wasn’t 100%. She was moving a little slower than usual, but was happy to be outside pecking in the grass. We still brought her in that evening and gave her a variety of food options - she would peck at her normal feed here and there, but not enough in our opinion.

On the next day we moved her out to the run with the rest of the girls for the whole day and just checked on her intermittently. She appeared to still be moving a little slow, but again, perfectly content and cuddling with the others near the dust bath. So we decided that we would leave her out there to sleep with the flock.

After another day, what would’ve been day 7, she was acting completely normal. She still hadn’t laid an egg, but she was eating and drinking and running around with everyone like nothing had happened. She finally gave us an egg a couple of days later. It was completely average in size and shell.

So long story long, I have no idea what happened, why she was sick, or what made her better. We’re just glad she’s ok and back to her goofy self. Of course we’re constantly on the look out now, but considering I’ve essentially cleaned out Wilco for chicken supplies, I feel confident we’re ready should another issue pop up!

Thanks for checking in and for the support. It really meant a lot when I was in full panic mode.
I’m so glad she’s better!❤️ And of course, glad I could help. Have a great day!😊

Back
Top Bottom