lethargic peacock, help please!

The three I sent off for necropsy that had blackhead had negative fecals, so just remember a negative fecal just means that no worms eggs were found in that poop, it does not mean that they don't have worms. And from what I recall about your previous worming posts, you don't worm orally, or am I thinking of someone esle? Anyway, if you want to rule out worms, now might be a good time to give him Safeguard for five days. My big boys get 3ml for five days.

I can give him Safeguard in bread and he would eat it. But I already have him on the two antibiotics, plus Amprol. Maybe I should wait til we're slowed down a bit on the meds before I deworm him. He seems to be continuing to improve, he ate all his breakfast and was working on dinner when I left the barn a while ago.

I can give him Safeguard in bread and he would eat it. But I already have him on the two antibiotics, plus Amprol. Maybe I should wait til we're slowed down a bit on the meds before I deworm him. He seems to be continuing to improve, he ate all his breakfast and was working on dinner when I left the barn a while ago.

It's up to you, but I have used Safeguard while using the same set of drugs you're giving and have not seen and side effects. Glad he's eating, that's always a good sign.

-Kathy

He is lots better today. :) Normal droppings and pacing to get out. I will deworm him tomorrow and then we'll see if he's ready to go soon. He says he is. :)

Back
Top Bottom