Letting Them Out (Junglefowl)

BecaHawaii

Songster
Jun 29, 2020
Kalaoa, HI - Big Island
Who has Junglefowl? I have 1st gen - 7 hens and a Roo. I caught them from the actual forest/jungle behind my house. Well not behind my house in my actual yard. As we have chickens and roosters running everywhere here. Their parents still run around. Some of their clutch have already had more.

Anyway... my question is...

With Junglefowl can I ever let them out? Will them come back?

They have a huge coop and we get 5-7 eggs a day. They are not unhappy.

I am just curious.

Aloha!

I caught them from the actual forest/jungle behind my house. Well not behind my house in my actual yard.
Anyway... my question is...

With Junglefowl can I ever let them out? Will them come back?
Possibly.
If I was them and was happily living my life the way I wanted and someone suddenly trapped me in a large cage, I'd take off as soon as the door opened. But maybe I'm more feral than your flock.
If you've tamed them at all, they come to you for feed and eat out of your hand, maybe they'll stick around.

Possibly.
If I was them and was happily living my life the way I wanted and someone suddenly trapped me in a large cage, I'd take off as soon as the door opened. But maybe I'm more feral than your flock.
If you've tamed them at all, they come to you for feed and eat out of your hand, maybe they'll stick around.
They were pullets when we caught them. There are thousands of chickens running loose here.

Back
Top Bottom