Lice and elector psp?

chickens345

Chirping
May 28, 2020
Hi.
My chickens had mites, which I treated a week ago with elector psp. I do not see anymore mites, but when I was checking the hens, I found an adult louse on me after. I read that elector kills lice too, so is it odd that I still saw a louse on me? My chickens have never had lice before. Any advice? I do have some permethrin dust and elector psp left. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Ali

Hi.
My chickens had mites, which I treated a week ago with elector psp. I do not see anymore mites, but when I was checking the hens, I found an adult louse on me after. I read that elector kills lice too, so is it odd that I still saw a louse on me? My chickens have never had lice before. Any advice? I do have some permethrin dust and elector psp left. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Ali
When you used your electric PSP, did you clean out all the bedding from your coop and your run? I suggest burning the old bedding if possible and spraying with a pump sprayer. You want to spray from the top to the bottom and saturate everything allow to air dry. This includes the outside of your coop and your run and surrounding area. I also treat my birds behind a neck under the wing and the butt.

Back
Top Bottom